Ancient castles aglow with colour. Late night shopping and warm mince pies. Santa and his reindeer in the snowy mountains. Family pantos and festive menus. Scotland becomes even more magical at Christmastime, so why not get out and about with your Scotland Loves Local Gift Card this holiday season.
1. The Olde Christmas Shoppe. Hand-painted baubles to red tartan reindeer, rustic wreaths to fairy lights and glittery tree toppers, this quaint Christmas shop in Helensburgh is a treasure trove of all things festive. Part of the Argyll and Bute Gift Card.
2. Late Night Shopping at Brodie Countryfare. Winter fashions to foodie delights, get your Christmas shopping wrapped up at Brodie Countryfare, with late night shopping Thursdays until 7pm. And as your reward, you can tuck into the famous ‘Brodie High Tea’; complete with Christmas pudding trifle, snowman meringue, mince pie, cranberry and ginger slice, or maybe even a Grinch shake! Part of the Moray Gift Card.
3. Festive fare at The Vine. Gather the whole gang to enjoy the festive menu and Christmas cocktails at The Vine, Prestwick. From traditional roast turkey to plant based Christmas roast, slow cooked featherblade of Scottish beef to seared fillet of seabass, there’s surely something for every appetite. Part of the South Ayrshire Gift Card.
4. Deck the halls at Taylors. Snuggling under your robin print duvet, sofa adorned with Christmas cushions and tree adorned with statement baubles, your home will be feeling festive and cosy after a trip to Taylors on the High Street. Part of the Aberdeenshire Gift Card.
5. The Castle of Light. Edinburgh is famed for its Christmas festivities, and this year they’ll be even more special as Edinburgh Castle brings back Castle of Light for its third year. The castle is transformed into a ‘kingdom of colours’, a cornucopia of dazzling projections, twinkling lights and colourful displays. Part of the Edinburgh Gift Card.
6. A panto at The Pavilion. Built in 1904, The Pavilion on Renfield Street in Glasgow is the only privately run theatre in Scotland. And this year, you can relax into the Edwardian splendour with a family friendly panto in The Magical Adventures of Aladdin. Part of the Glasgow Gift Card.
7. Festive market menu at Mr MacGregor’s. Indulge in Scottish produce infused with flavours from across the world as you sample the festive market menu at Mr MacGregor’s this Christmas. Plus, special menus for Christmas Day and Hogmanay too. Part of the East Renfrewshire Gift Card.
8. Adopt a reindeer. Birthplace of rare white reindeer, Vanilla, Mr Whippy and 99, the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre in the Cairngorm Mountains host special Christmas weekends in the run up to Christmas. The reindeer paddocks are bedecked in tinsel and even Santa makes an appearance. You can even adopt a reindeer! Part of the Highlands Gift Card.
9. A sparkling feast. Situated in the Old Customs House at the mouth of Aberdeen Harbour, close to the historic fishing village of Footdee, it’s not just the views you have to look forward to at The Silver Darling. With a Christmas menu promising Stonehaven langoustine bisque, Harris gin cured Scottish salmon, slow roast Aberdeenshire turkey, the food looks set to be a treat too! Part of the Aberdeen Gift Card.
10. Far From The Madding Crowd. Located in the heart of the high street in a historic Georgian building, Linlithgow’s award winning independent bookshop is Far From The Madding Crowd. Head to the Little Owl’s section in the basement for children’s books, or discover books of every genre across two floors. You can even browse their Christmas catalogue, dedicated to festive books for all ages. Part of the West Lothian Gift Card.
11. Christmas in a tin. Cinnamon, orange, cranberry, mulled wine and gingerbread. If you could condense the scents of Christmas into a tin, we reckon they’d smell a lot like the cosy winter seasonal candles at Sandwick Bay. This year, Sandwick Bay has even created a special lavender and pomegranate candle for Autism Eileanan Siar (AES), available to buy from Riley’s Toyshop. Part of the N a h-Eileanan an Iar Gift Card
12. The personal touch. Stocking fillers to Secret Santa gifts, home décor to special gifts for mums, dads and grandparents, Made At 94 can personalise anything from wooden reindeer place setting names to elevate your Christmas table to an actual sleigh ready for Santa to drop those presents into on Christmas Eve. Part of the Dundee Gift Card.
For even more Christmas inspiration, visit: https://scotlandgiftslocal.com/