Forest walks and falling leaves, cosy evenings as the nights draw in, family get-togethers whilst fireworks light up the sky. There’s so much to love about autumn, and we’ve got 10 ways to embrace the new season in Scotland with your Scotland Loves Local Gift Card.
1. Go on an outdoor adventure. According to West End Adventure, autumn is one of the best times to get outdoors, thanks to an abundance of wildlife, a lack of midges and the colours changing from vibrant green to burning orange. Climb, paddle, kayak and hike your way through Scotland’s outdoors courtesy of this Glasgow based outdoor activity provider. Part of the Glasgow Gift Card.
2. Enjoy Tuesday steak night at Scotts Troon. Autumn is surely the start of comfort food season. Head to Scotts Troon on Tuesdays for their 28 day aged steaks from Campbells of Linlithgow, served with slow roasted tomato and garlic and herb sautéed mushrooms. Part of the South Ayrshire Gift Card.
3. Make your home snug and cosy. A few autumnal touches are all you need to turn your home into a sanctuary. Chunky knitted throws and nature print mugs for warming hot chocolate, amber scented candles and hanging leaf decorations. The Square Peg in Lochgilphead has you covered. Part of the Argyll and Bute Gift Card.
4. Start a new healthy habit. Let the changing of the seasons be your signal for healthy new habits. Like a fruit and veg or grocery box delivered to your door and packed with seasonal produce from The Little Green Larder. You could even stock up on your zero waste store cupboard items, like lentils and split peas, ideal for those warming autumn casseroles. Part of the Dundee Gift Card.
5. Treat yourself to new nails. As we wave goodbye to summer, we say hello to gorgeous new nail colours like deep burgundy, moss green and burnt orange. The Beauty Box in Keith will get you feeling autumn ready. Part of the Moray Gift Card.
6. Give your wardrobe an update. With colder weather on its way, you might need a few new items to see you through. LouSells is the place for preowned new and nearly new clothes for women and children. Get something new and save money too! Part of the Aberdeenshire Gift Card.
7. Update your home. Family coming to stay over Christmas? Get your house looking its best with new paint, wallpaper or flooring. First Floors stocks Little Greene paint and paper, and even have a Make Me Rug service where you can create a bespoke rug to suit your décor. Part of the East Renfrewshire Gift Card.
8. A Highlands holiday. As the tourists leave the glorious mountains and locks of the Highlands behind, this could be your chance to experience the place ranked by National Geographic as one of the best in the world. The Norseman Hotel in the former Viking town of Wick is your gateway to the Scottish Highlands. Part of the Highlands Gift Card.
9. Learn a new skill. Put the autumn months to good use as you learn a brand new skill. Ticketty Boo has a drum lampshade workshops this November, where you’ll make a lampshade or ceiling pendant, all in the beautiful setting of the National Trust for Scotland’s Priorwood Gardens ‘The Makery’ in Melrose. Part of the Scottish Borders Gift Card.
10. Hunt for treasures. How better to spend a crisp autumn day than searching for unique treasures for your home. The Secret Door sits in the heart of Dunfermline’s Heritage Quarter and is packed full of curios, collectibles and antiques. A roll top desk to a vintage coat stand, antique bottles to Singer sewing machines, you never know what you might find! Part of the Fife Gift Card.
Get more autumn inspiration with your local Scotland Loves Local Gift Card!