The best local gifts for teachers in Scotland
With the end of the Scottish school year fast approaching, many of us are thinking of the best gifts for teachers so we can say thank you to the school staff who’ve taught and taken care of our children all year. Gift cards are one of the top gifts for teachers because of the choice they offer. Scotland Loves Local Gift Cards go one better because they can be spent with shops, restaurants, salons, hotels and leisure and attractions locally. Get your favourite teacher a Scotland Loves Local Gift Card for their area, and here’s what they could be treating themselves to:
1. Meditation and massages in Glasgow. From mindfulness meditation at The Wee Retreat to a lunch bowl at Sprigg, sewing classes at Sew Confident to pampering at Soul Space, there are hundreds of creative, fun and exciting ways teachers can spend the Glasgow Gift Card.
2. Cocktails and Italian cooking in South Lanarkshire. Dinner at Cocktails & Steaks in Uddington. A farm to plate lunch at Greenhall Country Café and Farm Shop. Or how about some traditional Italian cooking at Lucianos? As well as restaurants and cafés, your teacher can spend their South Lanarkshire Gift Card in shops, salons and more!
3. Karaoke in Renfrewshire. Recording three tracks using the karaoke package at Brick Lane Studio. Learning a new skill like crochet or jewellery making at social enterprise What If. Or picking up balloon decorations from Mrs Party. Fun is definitely on the cards for teachers with a Renfrewshire Gift Card.
4. Books and ceramics in Argyll and Bute. Teachers will be spoilt for choice with an Argyll and Bute Gift Card. A good book from indie bookstore Bookpoint. Learning the ancient tradition of bookbinding at Baile Mòr Books. Stocking up for the festive season at Once Upon A Christmas. They could even create their own ceramic picture courtesy of Seatree Argyll’s quirky Workshop In A Tin!
5. Glamping in Moray. The Moray Gift Card could turn into a whole staycation for a special teacher. Glamping in the 388 acres of The Loft, a working farm in Kinloss. Fish and chips at the Portknockie Fish and Chip Shop. And meeting the animals with a farm tour at Elchies.
6. Pop up restaurants and crafts in Fife. A three course meal with a view of the loch at The Ecology Centre’s pop up restaurant in June. Pottering for homeware finds at Love Restored in Falkland Village. Or even a glass fusion workshop at The Craft Room Fife. It’s all happening in Fife this summer, so a Fife Gift Card makes a great teachers’ gift for 2022.
7. Adventures in Aberdeenshire. With an Aberdeenshire Gift card in their hand, teachers can get kitted out for adventures at Craigdon Mountain Sports. They could get kitted out for beekeeping at Bee Cabin. And they could get kitted out for the summer courtesy of Attic Clothing, LouSells or Aleca Style Collective.
8. Cupcakes in Dundee. There are over 100 places for teachers to spend a Dundee Gift Card. From flowers at Olly Bobbins, cute cupcakes at Nicoll’s Rosebank Bakery, tech from the iT Store or a haircut at Mane Hairdressing.
9. Lunch in Dumfries and Galloway. Treat your favourite teacher to lunch at community café The Usual Place, a coffee at Kings Coffee & Books, something tasty from Tacomex or dinner at the award winning Limetree Restaurant. As well as food and drink, the Dumfries and Galloway Gift Card can be spent on shopping, leisure and attractions, services and health and beauty.
10. Floatation and firesides in West Lothian. A day out at Blackness Castle to a session in the floatation therapy pod at Phoenix Health and Wellbeing. An eye exam at Wallace Opticians to fuel and fireside accessories at Linlithgow Stoves. Teachers can spend their West Lothian Gift Card on something fun or something practical.
11. Feeling fit in East Dunbartonshire. A Warrior Fitness session in Bishopbriggs or a Kumafit session in Milngavie. A pampering treatment at the Health & Beauty Salon, Isla Beauty or Fuss Salon. A new hair-do at Reflections. There are so many ways for teachers to feel fit and fabulous with an East Dunbartonshire Gift Card.
12. Toys and treats in South Ayrshire. Sometimes, teachers might want to use their gift card to treat someone else. With a South Ayrshire Gift Card, they can treat their dog at The Pooch Pantry, buy something for the kids at Toytown or get fresh produce for the family at the 5 A Day Market. There are over 100 businesses to spend a South Ayrshire Gift Card.
13. Live music and beach rides in Na h-Eileanan an Iar. Live music and exhibitions at multi arts venue An Lanntair. Picking up paddleboards for a day on the water at Store-67. Heading out for a beach ride thanks to Uist Community Riding School. There’s much for teachers to spend their Na h-Eileanan an Iar Gift Card
Regional Scotland Loves Local Gift Cards are available for regions right across Scotland. Find a local gift card for a special teacher today.