Mother’s Day is a chance to say thank you to the mums and mother figures in our lives. And whilst we’re at it, let’s show our support for local too! Choose a Scotland Loves Local Gift Card, and that little gift card can transform into flowers, a pampering treatment, Scottish afternoon tea or even a weekend away! Here are some ideas.
1. Candles from Sandwick Bay Candles.Sandwick Bay Candles is a glorious small business located in Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis. Treat mum to a glass white jar candle (£15), original tin candle from £8 or even a luxurious candle subscription gift box from £24 featuring an exclusive spring daffodil scent. Founded by Megan Macdonald, Sandwick Bay Candles uses hand crafted fragrances, 100% soy candle wax, cotton core wicks and premium quality fragrance oils, with products created in their island workshop which are sure to give you a coorie taste of Scotland. Part of the Na h-Eileanan an Iar Gift Card.
2. The eco choice from Superfly Soap. Created by owner, maker and designer Lisa through her love of handmade soap and her frustration with single use plastics, Superfly Soap is hand-crafted in Lisa’s studio in Kincardine with a commitment to renewable energy and zero waste practices. The plastic free Turkish Delight soap (£4.00) is made using a blend of oils to clean, nourish and moisturise and features cocoa butter, sweet almond oil and coconut oil. Superfly Soap is part of the Fife Gift Card.
3. Flowers from Willow. A small florist and gift shop in Kirkcudbright, Willow is just the place for a special Mother’s Day gift. Owner Lynn Cairnie has floral boxes from £20 upwards, and hat boxes from £35. With a range of DCUK wooden hand crafted ducks, and special items for Mother’s Day like mugs, wooden signs and ornaments, Lynn can help you create a unique gift. Willow is part of the Dumfries and Galloway Gift Card.
4. A weekend away from The Good Travel Company. To really push the boat out, how about a weekend away, courtesy of The Good Travel Company. From a shopping trip to NYC to sunshine in Alicante, this travel firm does it all. Operated by Vanessa Good, The Good Travel Company is an independent family business based in Ayrshire. Part of the South Ayrshire Gift Card.
5. Something sparkly from Coorie Doon. Full of original, thoughtful and affordable gifts, Coorie Doon in Campbeltown has a wide selection of cards and presents for Mother’s Day. Like the World’s Best Mum heart dish (£4.50) and the ‘A Little Happy Mother’s Day’ bracelet with heart shaped charm, sparkling stones and a sweet poem (£17.50). Coorie Doon is part of the Argyll and Bute Gift Card.
6. Brunch at Mason Belles Kitchen. What could be better than celebrating Mother’s Day with a proper Scottish brunch afternoon tea! Mason Belles Kitchen is an award winning boutique restaurant in Linlithgow serving fresh local produce. Scottish porridge, fluffy pancakes, Croque Madame, chicken ‘n’ waffles, candied French toast bites and more, it’s all on the menu this Mother’s Day (£18 per person). Mason Belles Kitchen is part of the West Lothian Gift Card.
7. Grow your own vegetable garden at Gordon Castle Walled Garden. Used as an auxiliary hospital for soldiers in the Great War, Gordon Castle Walled Garden was voted Garden of the Year 2021. And it’s on a mission to restore one of Britain’s largest and oldest walled gardens. This Mother’s Day, treat your mum to a ‘grow your own vegetable garden’ course (£150), learning from Ed Bollom, head gardener. Or a ‘grow your own cut flowers’ course led by Zara Gordon Lennox. There’s also a 3 course Mother’s Day menu lunch on offer in the Walled Garden Cafe, personalised gin bottles, and many more gifts too! Gordon Castle Walled Garden is part of the Moray Gift Card.
8. A Scottish treat from White Cart Co. Specialising in treats you don’t have to eat, the White Cart Co. in Paisley town centre is packed with quirky gift ideas. Like the Paisley Abbey Reflections coaster (£4.50) and the ‘you’re my mum in a million’ card including gold sparkle earrings. Part of the Renfrewshire Gift Card.
9. A pampering session at Distinction Beauty. With essential beauty, body and high tech treatments too, Distinction Health & Beauty Spa in Clarkston is ready to pamper your mum with everything from gel nails and hot stone therapy to mud wraps and massages. Part of the East Renfrewshire Gift Card.
This is just a taster of the amazing Scottish businesses who are part of the 30 plus Scotland Loves Local Gift Cards available right across Scotland. Find your local Scotland Loves Local Gift Card now.