Valentine’s Day is here but once a year, but with a Scotland Loves Local Gift Card, one little gift card can turn into a whole host of fun, romantic and unique dates right through the year! Here are 12 to get you started:
1. Zambretto. A contemporary, family-run Italian restaurant in the heart of Paisley. Ideal for a lunch or dinner date, with live music every weekend. Their ‘love’ Valentine’s menu is a feast of Italian specialities with pizza and pasta aplenty. Zambretto is part of the Renfrewshire Gift Card.
2. Linlithgow Distillery. Ross and Alyson set up their own distillery, creating LinGin which is crafted with local botanicals and the spirit of Linlithgow. And for a date idea, how about learning how they make LinGin in a distillery Tour ‘n’ Tasting experience. Whilst you’re there, pick up one of their Valentine’s gin kits! See more places where you can spend a West Lothian Gift Card.
3. Lerah. Set up by friends Jenny and Sharon, Lera offer vegan bath bombs filled with skin loving ingredients and vibrant colours. For a fun date, book in for one of their themed bath bomb making workshops- they even have a home kit with everything you need to make 3 Valentine’s bath bombs. Part of the North Lanarkshire Gift Card.
4. Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum. With 22 galleries to explore, on this date you’ll discover ancient Egypt, Scottish heritage and creatures of the past, alongside French, Dutch and Scottish art and an introduction to famous architect and designer Charles Rennie Mackintosh. See more places to spend the Glasgow Gift Card. Glasgow Gift Card.
5. Sugar Boat. Argyll & Bute. A relaxed, informal neighbourhood restaurant, café and bar in Helensburg with a suntrap courtyard and pavement terrace, just as good for an evening dinner date as an afternoon tea date! For Valentine’s, Sugar Boat has a special menu featuring delights like Loch Fyne oysters, home-made gnocchi and Scotch beef shin ragu, amarena cherry savarin with white chocolate ganache and chocolate truffles to go. Part of the Argyll & Bute Gift Card.
6. Urquhart Castle. Sitting on the glorious shoreline of Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle was once one of the largest castles in Scotland and is now one of its most visited. Climb the Grant Tower, visit the cell where Gaelic bard Dòmhnall Donn was once imprisoned, and enjoy the panoramic views. Part of the Highlands Gift Card.
7. Mansion House Hotel. Ideal for a romantic Scottish break, 19th century Mansion House Hotel is located on the banks of the River Lossie in Elgin, with The Haugh restaurant, bar and beautiful grounds to explore. It’s also on the famed Grampian Highland Whisky Trail, just the ticket for visiting some of Scotland’s famous distilleries. See more businesses who are part of the Moray Gift Card.
8. Uist Riding School. Enjoy a beach horse trek with your loved one at Uist Riding School. Located on the Isle of Benbecula, the nearby white and golden sand beaches are quiet and unspoilt, so you can glory in the sights and sounds of the beautiful Outer Hebrides. Part of the Na h-Eileanan an Iar Gift Card.
9. The Tree House. It’s all about the sharing at The Tree House this Valentine’s Day, with a menu designed for duos, like the camembert baked for two, the beef board for two (think 10oz rib-eye steak, slow-cooked shin of beef parcel, red wine gravy, beer battered onion rings, smoked beef hash and buttered greens) and the trio of sharing desserts. Stylish, with simple dishes and big flavours, Treehouse in Ayr is part of the Buzzworks family, and is also part of the South Ayrshire Gift Card.
10. Findhorn Pottery. Take a trip to the fishing village of Findhorn in Moray for a wander around its historic harbour, a stroll on its pastel hued beach hut lined beaches, and of course a visit to its charming shops. Findhorn Pottery, located on Shore Road, close to the beach, creates unique hand created pottery, such as its hand painted Valentine’s ‘Love’ mugs. Part of the Moray Gift Card.
11. Wreckspeditions. Packed up with a hamper filled with sandwiches and bubbly, Wreckspeditions can whisk you and your partner by powerboat to a secret spot along the beautiful Clyde coastline, where you will be dropped off for a wild picnic before being collected once more to watch the sunset on your return journey. See more businesses who are part of the Argyll & Bute Gift Card.
12. Chez Roger. Edinburgh is a delightful date destination any time of year. Head to Chez Roger, the treasure trove for foodies, owned by Gaëlle & Frédéric. Pick up artisan cheese, charcuterie, chocolates and nibbles for an al-fresco picnic, or gourmet ready-meals for French-style fine dining at home. See all of the businesses to spend your Edinburgh Gift Card.
This is just a taster of the hundreds of amazing Scottish businesses who are part of the 30 plus Scotland Loves Local Gift Cards available right across Scotland.